Available for individual consultation
Home visits including hydrotherapy
@ PhysioTec Building
Tarragindi, Brisbane, Australia
(07) 3342 4284
- Marlisa Kwan is part of the Not Just Bendy Hypermobility Services team located inside the PhysioTec clinic.
- Marlisa is passionate in helping assist any client who has hypermobility in becoming their best and strongest self. Marlisa caters her treatment towards each individual’s goals and aspirations, utilizing:
- through assessment including video assessment of posture and common movement patterns
- specific advice/strategies on hypermobility related issues including energy conservation, pain management, POTS/dysautonomia and joint protection
- specific, individualized, exercise program including electronic delivery of the program to an app on your phone or computer
- hands-on techniques of massage and gentle joint mobilisation.
- Marlisa completed her Bachelor of Physiotherapy at the Australian Catholic University in 2018 and she began her career as a Community Physiotherapist delivering therapy to a wide range of clients of all ages within a diverse scope of practice including: neurological, musculoskeletal, hydrotherapy, gerontology, cardiorespiratory and mental health patients.
- Through this exposure of treating clients in the community (including those funded through the NDIS), Marlisa has developed a special interest in rehabilitation and assisting each person through their individual journey.
- Marlisa is available for home visits and telehealth consultations to take the stress out of organizing transport to the clinic. She is even willing to come to your home and assist with a hydrotherapy program in your own pool (reasonable weather permitting).
- Marlisa is continually active in developing her professional experience. She has completed an Introduction to Vestibular Rehabilitation course and attends regular training and mentoring sessions with Sharon Hennessey, who is the Not Just Bendy principal.
- Marlisa utilizes the real-time ultrasound to access the timing of muscle control around the abdomen, pelvis and pelvic floor for real-time feedback to her clients about which muscle they are targeting. She is also able to assist with reporting for NDIS for her clients including NDIS applications, planning meeting reports and special equipment requests.
- Marlisa is also available after school and on Saturday mornings to assist families with hypermobile school age children/teenagers with both individualized treatment and supervised programs in the gym.
- In her spare time Marlisa enjoys spending her spare time outdoors: hiking, at the beach or on any adventure with her two dogs.