Join the Team at Not Just Bendy Hypermobility Services
Exciting opportunities exist for physiotherapist and allied health professional to join our new custom built facility at Eight Mile Plains.
Not Just Bendy Hypermobility Services, is looking for our next physiotherapist – could you be our new unicorn zebra superstar?
Many amazing job opportunities are available with Not Just Bendy Hypermobility. We are a well-known physiotherapy practice specializing in hypermobility related issues, and we are expanding our team of health care professionals to meet growing demand. Our books are full to overflowing and we have a full caseload waiting for you.
Treating this caseload is a challenge. Think you know everything physio has to offer and feeling stuck in a rut? This job will blow your mind at what as physiotherapists we can achieve and become.
An extra advantage for the right candidate, is to become the right hand person for the practice principle Sharon Hennessey. There is room to grow in this role in team mentoring, training of new staff and also moving into a new position as the clinical physiotherapy lead.
Our mission is to provide high quality care for those with symptomatic hypermobility and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Does this sound like it is something that physios generally treat well? That certainly is not what our clients are telling us. They are frustrated by the lack of integrated care and long term management offered by many in the community. This is the gap that we provide.
We provide non-judgemental care, without discrimination but also endeavour to deliver a friendly and personal approach to develop long term relationships with our clients. It is not unusual to hear lots of laughter radiating out of our treatment rooms!
We receive referrals from client support groups, word of mouth but also hundreds of GPs and a huge range medical specialist consultants (pain, genetics, rheumatology, endocrinology, heamatology, orthopaedics). We also provide referrals and co-treat with other physiotherapists around Australia.
As our new physiotherapist, you will be responsible for assessing and treating clients with mobility issues associated with hypermobility. You will also provide education and support to our clients to ensure they are empowered to manage their symptoms long-term.
Full time senior staff have a huge earning potential of >$120,000 package with base wage and commission bonus.
- Conduct functional and musculoskeletal assessments of patients’ physical abilities
- Utilise manual hands-on therapy and targeted exercises to manage patients’ pain, rehabilitation and recovery
- Develop and implement personalised treatment plans to help clients improve their strength, flexibility, and overall movement
- Provide education and support to help clients understand their conditions and manage their symptoms long-term
- Maintain accurate client records and submit reports as required
- Liaising with the multi-disciplinary team and NDIS for client plan reviews is also needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy (or equivalent allied health qualification) or higher qualification
- A minimum of five years’ experience working as a physiotherapist or in your field
- Current AHPRA unrestricted registration (supervision considered foe exceptional candidates)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience with treating patients with hypermobility is preferred but not essential. Some interest in the areas of chronic pain, rehabilitation, Pilates or women’s health is essential.
- Extensive training will be provided upon commencement of position
- Work in a new and modern physiotherapy practice custom built for hypermobility
- Friendly, supportive workplace
- Small team environment
- Newer practice open to adjustments in work flow efficiencies and a rock star practice manager and reception team to back you up
- Ongoing professional mentoring from experienced physiotherapists with extensive experience with complex hypermobility, local joint rehabilitation, and problem solving case management
- Work in a practice that is committed to supporting our team’s professional development with regular in-services, mentoring and a training budget for external courses
- Opportunity to work flexibly with telehealth and home visit work also available if desired and also flexibility to fit around your lift
- Variety of presentations and high focus on exercise and rehabilitation means less stress on your own body compared to other musculoskeletal practices
- Knowledge about hypermobility often encourages those who are hypermobile to work at the practice – this is welcomed
- Access to Pilates rehab gym outside of work hours for your own strengthening program
Although a full-time role with a flexible working schedule is preferred, those who want part-time work are welcome to apply, as we can accommodate personal commitments.
If this sounds like we are the right practice for you please reach out for discussion. Remember we have a case load ready for you. This includes all members of the allied health team!
Inquires, cover letter or resumes to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comprehensive Therapy for Hypermobility Spectrum and Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes.
Providing evidence-informed rehabilitation with modern technologies, caring and understanding.
Committed to understanding all aspects of the hypermobile experience.
Helping those with connective tissue disorders to do more of the things that they love.
Join our newsletter!
Stay up to date with our blogs and latest info by signing up to our newsletter.