Dr Xiaoqi Chen
Dr Xiaoqi Chen
Available for individual consultation
Tarragindi, Brisbane, Australia
(07) 3342 4284
- Dr Xiaoqi Chen (known as Dr Chen) is a postdoctoral physiotherapist originally from Singapore with a broad range of expertise in research and clinical aspects of the profession. Her PhD and Honours research on neck pain at the University of Queensland in 2017 led to over 10 publications in the manual therapy, physical therapy and occupational health journals. Dr Chen has since transitioned to clinical work, but she continues to review research articles and write for the Physio Network and her personal blog/website www.drchenphysio.com. Dr Chen’s clinical interests are as follows:
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders
- Connective Tissue Disorders
- Whiplash and associated disorders
- Concussion syndrome
- Cervicogenic headache and dizziness
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Hip impingement syndromes, bursitis, and tendinopathies
- Motor Vehicle Accident related injuries (Compulsory Third Party, CTP Insurance Claims)
- Work-related injuries (Workcover claims)
- Dr Chen regularly participates in inter-professional learning workshops and conferences on musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. She continues to be involved in the Medical and Allied Health Project ECHO program launched by Ehlers-Danlos Society. Project ECHO is a telemedicine program involving health professionals from all around the world to interact, share knowledge and case studies on Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders.
- Dr Chen works closely with our Not Just Bendy Lead, Sharon Hennessey to have regular focus group meetings to discuss case studies, share new knowledge, and improve patient services. The Not Just Bendy Hypermobility Services team is also subscribed to fortnightly on-site professional training on management of disorders of the hip and pelvis by leading hip physiotherapist, Dr Alison Grimaldi. Dr Chen continually improves her practice by keeping up with the latest technology, skills and research to ensure high quality care for patients.
- Under Dr Chen’s care, you will expect practical management tips that are tailored to manage your condition(s). A combination of strategy including real time ultrasound (RTUS), electrical muscle stimulation, strapping/taping, dry needling, Clinical Pilates, exercise prescription and manual therapy techniques will be used.
- Outside of physiotherapy work, Dr Chen enjoys playing with her Kelpie Cross, gardening, bike riding, reformer Pilates, and rock climbing.
- Please contact us to make an appointment with Dr Xiaoqi Chen