Dr Xiaoqi Chen
Dr Xiaoqi Chen
Currently on extended leave.
Feel free to book in with another experienced member of our team.
Dr Chen is on extended leave and unable to see any clients for the foreseeable future.
Dr Xiaoqi Chen (known as Dr Chen) is a postdoctoral physiotherapist with expertise in managing musculoskeletal injuries. She undertook a research and clinical career pathway, which led to several publications on neck pain, and the completion of her PhD at the University of Queensland in 2017.
Having worked in the private sector for many years, Dr Chen consults on musculoskeletal and physical conditions, with special interests in the following:
- Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSDs)
- Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hEDS)
- Ehlers- Danlos Syndrome (EDS)
- Other Connective Tissue Disorders (CTDs)
- Head, neck, shoulder, and arm musculoskeletal disorders, including but not exclusive to:
- Cervicogenic headaches and dizziness
- Whiplash and associated disorders (i.e. dizziness, headaches, visual disturbances)
- Concussion syndrome
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Cranio-cervical instability
- Appropriate physical therapy for other comorbidities related to HSD, hEDS, EDS, CTDs:
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- e.g. Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
Dr Chen regularly keeps herself informed on the latest evidence on HSDs, hEDS, and musculoskeletal conditions. She applies a multi-modal approach to management including advice and education, strapping/taping, Clinical Pilates, exercise prescription and manual therapy. The Not Just Bendy Principal Principal Sharon Hennessey and Dr Chen are involved in regular focus group meetings to create and improve patient handouts, discuss case studies and share knowledge on the latest evidence-based practice strategies. Dr Chen also continues to write for the Physio Network and my professional blog/website www.drchenphysio.com
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Member
- Medicare & DVA Provider
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Health Science (1st Class Honours), The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (University of South Australia)
- Diploma of Physiotherapy (Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore)
Other special interests:
- Diploma in Piano Performance (London College of Music) (DipLCM)
- Dean’s Award for Outstanding Higher Degree by Research Theses, University of Queensland (2017)
- University of Queensland Idea Hub Travel Scholarship (2017)
- Australian Postgraduate Award Scholarship, Australian Federal Government (2013-2017)
- Three Minute Thesis for Honours Students Finalist, University of Queensland (2012)
- University Merit Award, University of South Australia (2011)
- Health Sciences Study Bursary Award, National Healthcare Group, Singapore (2007)
Join our newsletter!
Stay up to date with our blogs and latest info by signing up to our newsletter.